Um, ok. Perhaps I was a bit too enthusiastic about the whole I've-got-loads-of-energy-now thing. More like I can make it through the day no problem, but forget it if you expect me to move my increasingly whale-like body after about 8.00pm.
A while ago, Happy Loves Rosie tagged me for the eight things meme that's doing the rounds at the moment. I already did the seven things one not long ago, so I thought I might be cheeky and list eight things I'd forgotten about being pregnant. As a flimsy segue (pregnancy-babies-pictures of baby things), the photo at the top is a bib I made a while back to send with a monkey to Di for her cyber baby shower.
1. The clumsiness - if it can be dropped, I will drop it. (Makes sewing fun!)
2. It's a long way down to pick up all those dropped things/clean up toys, etc.
3. I keep forgetting to make allowances for my belly as I move about, and continute to bump it into doorways and drop things onto it (see no.1).
4. Nesting. I lie awake at night mentally rearranging the household furniture, and repainting walls. It's more than an interest (though I do love doing both of those things) - when I'm pregnant, the desire to get the house ready becomes an absolute imperative.
5. I love dressing for pregnancy.
6. Er, I don't really enjoy it when people pat my belly.
7. The forgetfulness. In turns frustrating and bizarre. I led Audrey on a wild goose chase though city streets last week looking for a bus stop after reading the directions only an hour before.
8. Feeling those early little flutters and kicks. Just wonderful.
I don't want to get prematurely excited, but I think some of that magical second trimester energy has started to kick in. And with it, my sewing mojo. Hallelujah for that! I was starting to wonder if it would ever return. For the past few days this week, I even stayed awake past 8.30pm. Which doesn't sound like much. But given my record over the past few months, it's quite a feat. Finding this new spark of energy feels like coming out of a coccoon (I imagine). There's much to do, and only so much time to do it! There's much I'd like to blog about, too - new books, the finished kitchen renovation, plans for the wee bairn (I'm already in nesting overdrive - if only in my mind), Audrey's fourth birthday plans, a meme I've been tagged for (I haven't forgotten!). And the email... sorry, I'm still wading through that.
Yesterday, I sat down and sewed up 5 new toys - now awaiting stuffing, faces and clothing - intended for a shop update sometime during the next fortnight. The little girl above, Bonnie, won't be among them, but there are a few dolls in there and a couple of bunnies. If you're interested, swing me an email & I'll add you to my mailing list. Cheers!
Wow. Thankyou so much for all your lovely messages after my last post. I'm overwhelmed by everyone who took time out to leave a message. You guys really know how to make someone's day! Thankyou also for bearing with me - blogging still might be sproadic around here for a while longer. This pregnancy continues to be a bit of a rollercoaster ride, and I'm on strict word from my doctor to 'take it easy' (although I still haven't figured out exactly how to do that with an energetic 3 year old other than over-relying on family and ABC Kids). Thankfully, I have no problem taking it easy when it comes to housework! ;) But if you're waiting on an email from me, I promise I'll get there soon.
So, the craft is flowing m-u-c-h slower than usual. The brother & sister dolls were finished last week for a brand new set of twins. Sam is my first little boy doll (um, other than male monkeys, bunnies & cats). He was fun to do, so I think there might be more.
I'm Fiona. I live in Adelaide, Australia with my husband and two small kids. This is where I blog about the stuff I make (mostly toys and quilts). Sometimes I also write about my little family, and the things that inspire me. Thanks for swinging by.