This quilt has been in use for a few weeks now, so it is high time I blogged about it. I've said lots already about this, based on the one from Lotta's Handmade Living. It was a heavy beast to quilt, as I suspected it would be, so I just went down the wonky horizontal lines route which led to only minimal swearing and quick-unpicking.
The back is a remnant of striped seersucker (not sure what made me think that would be easy to baste) - I didn't have quite enough, so this little patch of scraps made its way in there, too.
The front (I failed to get a half decent photo of the whole front because of it's size, but I'm sure you get the idea) is a mish-mash of a whole lot of fabric I hold dear and was having a hard time cutting - Umbrella Prints, Ink & Spindle, Cloth, Skinny Laminx, Summersville, the rest is vintage or what I had on hand. There is a fair bit of this hemp-cotton blend in there. It's bound in calico, because it's what I had on hand and it seemed to work.
I'm glad it's done. Not least because now I can move on to the next one...